Wednesday, November 6, 2013

Cooking and Face Pain....ting


 Everyone was tired on their first couple of nights. Mom and Dad were usually asleep by 6. It took about a week to adjust.
Sadie, John and Dad made some apple crisp while my mom and I went to the spa for massages the first Friday.


 Later on we put Dad to work making tortillas. He likes working in the kitchen, chopping things, washing dishes, listening to music. It was nice to spend time with him in there.




 Fall Festival is our international schools answer to Halloween. We had a little festival and Mom and I offered to paint faces at the face painting station. Mom had done her homework and was turning out some beautiful faces. Everyone wanted her to paint their face. I got turned in to a tiger and then as an advertisement for our painting services. Everyone wanted to be a tiger after that.



 The high school students ran this event and this is their sign....Face Pain....ting.



 At one point there were too many kids waiting for their faces to be painted, and not enough painters. My dad took the opportunity to grab a brush. He couldn't really understand what they were asking for, or couldn't remember, plus he can't see well because he's ordering new glasses. I could hear what was going on but was busy with an intricate batman job and Mom was busy too. He started improvising.
 The kids would line up and say "I want a spider" and he would say "what?" then he would think and say "You're an airplane pilot!" and paint some random lines on their face. They would look at their face in the mirror when he was done, look at their teacher in a puzzled way and wander off. The kids in the line could see what was happening to the other kids but they kept lining up! My Dad would say "you need a goatee!" or "I think this looks like a spider." He was having a blast, and I was laughing so hard I didn't have the heart to stop him!

 Here are some of his masterpieces. They all had a good time. No 6 year olds were harmed in the making of this art. There is a pricelessly pained expression on their teachers face though.









 And the evening ended with a relaxing yoga session.


No comments: