Sunday, January 5, 2014

Surprise Birthday party at Korean hotel/hotsprings

John planned a surprise luncheon and overnight stay at the Korean hotel/hotsprings outside of Almaty. I kept messing up his plans by randomly inviting people and arranging to meet them different places. On the drive to the hotel Rochelle and Andy pulled up next to us after a car in our caravan (the people I had invited myself) got pulled over. As soon as I saw Rochelle and Andy I figured out the surprise. It was a SUPER birthday.




John doesn't mind smiling for ONE photo.....






The Birthday Gang

After lunch most people left and we jumped into the hotsprings for a long time and then spent the night at the hotel. In the morning everything had frosted over. We walked around, had breakfast and then got back in the springs. The frosted trees and the fog in the hills reminded us a lot of China.





Fish hung out to dry
Kimchi stored in big clay pots













No comments: